Welcome to Caerphilly Garden Centre
We are a family run garden centre a short drive from Caerphilly town.
We are proud of our lovely centre and we are sure you'll like it too. Come and explore our vast plant area, our unique gift section which contains Yankee candles and Bomb cosmetics. we also have a great range of barbecues and garden furniture.
So come and see us soon, you can even pop in to our restaurant "The Palms" for some lunch.
- Dry tomatoes and other fruits 19 October 2016
- A prison in Lancashire has won a prestigious award for its gardens 17 October 2016
- Clear away plant supports 14 October 2016
- British gardens have a new and unwelcome visitor 12 October 2016
- Ripen the last of the green tomatoes now 7 October 2016
Plant of the Week: Kniphofia
You’ll spot right away how these spectacular South African plants came to be called red hot pokers. The ramrod-straight spires rising above handsome evergreen strappy leaves are topped with a magnificent bottle brush of a flower in shades of red, orange or yellow – looking every bit as if it were on fire.
Despite its exotic looks kniphofia is easy to grow, drought-tolerant and hardy down to at least -9°C as long as the soil is free-draining. Look out for butterscotch-coloured ‘Tawny Glow’, dainty ‘Little Maid’ in palest primrose (ideal for containers) and the classic red hot poker, K. rooperi, its huge 1.2m tall flowers topped with blazing red-orange.