Welcome to Caerphilly Garden Centre
We are a family run garden centre a short drive from Caerphilly town.
We are proud of our lovely centre and we are sure you'll like it too. Come and explore our vast plant area, our unique gift section which contains Yankee candles and Bomb cosmetics. we also have a great range of barbecues and garden furniture.
So come and see us soon, you can even pop in to our restaurant "The Palms" for some lunch.
- Slug barriers at the ready: Britain’s gardens are in for an invasion this summer 27 May 2016
- Leeks sown this spring should be a nice healthy size by now 25 May 2016
- The Chelsea Flower Show starts tomorrow 23 May 2016
- Have a go at growing greenhouse cucumbers 23 May 2016
- The Chelsea Fringe begins at the weekend 20 May 2016
Plant of the Week: Bleeding Heart
The romantic common name of this early summer beauty hasn’t changed, although its Latin name has: now called Lamprocapnos spectabilis, you may be more familiar with its previous name, Dicentra spectabilis.
The plant is just as lovely by any name, though, its delicate, arching stems appearing as if from nowhere in late May, dripping with exquisite pink (sometimes white) heart-shaped flowers, each dangling from gossamer-thin stalks. The dainty, ferny foliage is just as delightful, and dies down naturally after flowering: plant other pretty woodlanders like hostas or ferns alongside to fill the space. Dicentra is easy to grow in sun or part shade, and prefers well-drained but moist soil.